Your Massage School – Gateway To Your Bigger Future
Every week, I talk to numerous massage therapists who dream of opening a massage school. They want to step up and make a change in their community, but are afraid to take the steps necessary to make it happen. If your dream is to open your massage school – a gateway to your bigger future, read on.
I’ve talked with hundreds of massage therapists and chiropractors over the years, who dream of opening their own massage school. Many talk about a burning desire to open their school; to help their community by educating top massage therapists. Yet, they don’t do it…
Many stop short of reaching for their dreams. They stop for a number of reasons: financial, capabilities, confidence, imposter syndrome, lack of clarity, lack of a plan, fear of failure and fear of success. I’m sure there are more reasons…
But what if there was a way to overcome this and open your massage school and create the gateway to your bigger future?
How to Open a Massage School
Somewhere, someone is waiting for you to be their hero. Seriously, someone is waiting. They’ve researched schools in their area – and maybe they are too far away, have a poor reputation, are too expensive, etc.
They themselves let their dreams die.
Think about it – if you opened a massage school, you’d be their hero because your school would enable them to reach their dreams.
Not all heroes wear capes. You might not think of yourself as a hero, but every time you help someone (by opening your massage school), you’re benefitting people and making their lives better in some way. You’re enabling them to reach their dreams.
Ask yourself: “Who do you want to be a hero to?”
Right now, in your city, county and state, someone is waiting for you to be their hero by opening your massage school.
The “how to open a massage school” begins with you committing to do it – to open your massage school and create your bigger future. From there, it’s creating the roadmap to where you want to go.
Where you want to go starts with thinking about who you want to be a hero to – students, community, family, clients and so on.
From there, there’s a lot of things to consider:
- Research your state regulations
- Begin your state application process
- Create standard operating procedures
- Create policies and procedures
- Create your curriculum
- Research equipment, books, training instructors, branding and marketing
- Create all school forms, marketing material, and so on
- Submit application to your state
- Complete any deficiencies to application
- Do it all while managing your life / work balance
What is the Bodymechanics System?
That list above is intimidating. It should be. Owning and operating a vocational school is a BIG DEAL. That’s why we created the Bodymechanics business-in-a-box system – to help cut the time drastically to opening a massage school. Our goal is to guide and support others through the process and help them grow their capabilities as a massage school owner.
We look at this from 5 pillars:
- Confidence – gained while helping others begin their journey as a massage therapist.
- Growth – gained while understanding the steps necessary for you to step into your dreams and making them a reality
- Success – their career success is your career success
- Clarity – gained from knowing that you are enabling other people’s improvement and growth.
- Achievement – gained through community support by referring students to your school, receiving compliments on the quality of your program and realizing you’ve reached the gateway to your bigger future.
You’re not alone
Our business-in-a-box system is designed to help you launch your massage school with a team, not by yourself. Most are unsure of HOW TO START to open their massage school. We’ve done it now multiple times, and have a system to help and train you so that you’re not alone.
Working on this dream for 1 year, 5 years, or even 10 years is too long. And the people in your community won’t reach their dreams either. Being a hero is going to require you take a leap and just get started. The good news is that you don’t have to do it alone.
Let’s talk and see how we can help you be someone’s hero by creating more excitement, growth opportunities, creativity, and motivation.
You can also check out our school at www.bodymechanics-school.com. Owned at operated by Shari Aldrich, LMT since 2010